Home BSS User Forum BSS Archive Threads Discussion London Architect with Soundweb London

Clockaudio C007RF Mic EQ

Does anyone have experience with tuning these in for VTC calls? I have a large room, with 7 of these distributed throughout the ceiling.
We are experiencing a very \"head in a bucket\" kind of sound from these mics.
I have very minimal settings as of now. I have a high pass filter set to 125hz, and am rolling off the high end at 4000khz with a BW12 curve.
Any suggestions on how to make this audio quality improve?

Comments

• kevinzzkevinzz Posts: 35
    Have you used other button mics in the ceiling, and are these significantly different? My experience with ceiling button mics in large rooms is that usually the audio quality is mediocre quality at best.

EQ wise there isn't much to do - maybe some boost around 2K, and I usually use a rather wide filter cutting some out around 300-400K. I'm not sure why you need the LPF at 4K.

If you can excite the room with pink noise and look at the mic output with an analyzer you may be able to pick out some room resonances which may help a little bit. (repeat or each mic)

In my experience the best intelligibility gains you can get out of the DSP in that type of scenario have come with optimizing the automixer. I personally usually use gated automixers but a lot of folks here like the gain sharing automixer - it just doesn't have as many ways to control the gate logic. I clamp down on the NOM to 2 or maybe even 1 in extreme cases. It takes some time to get the threshold and off-gain values dialed in. I take a spare output from the DSP and route it to headphones which really helps.