Home BSS User Forum BSS Archive Threads Discussion London Architect with Soundweb London

strange SUBSCRIBE behavior

I read the blog post from 2007 with kirchh. It seems to apply to odd behavior that I, too,have noticed. Although it would probably never be a problem with the Crestron interface, I can imagine that someone might create a loop since the command and status messages are identical.

It also probably explains why several of the Crestron 4.2 modules appear to send a subscribe command directly following a set state variable command. I assume that this is because the London will respond to the subscribe request with a status report. Can I depend on this behavior in all cases where I wish to monitor the true status of the London BLU but may wish to change SV's with the Crestron?

I have an installation where a London BLU system may be controlled by either a Crestron or a London Architect custom control panel.

Thanks,
Eric

Comments

• kevinzzkevinzz Posts: 35
    My last project was like this. Combination Crestron control and BSS control. In the Crestron SIMPL I usually assign the signal fb from the BSS module a different signal name than the input. I connect the _fb signal to the touchpanel fb or other driving object, and connect the analog bp from the TP to the input of the BSS crestron module. This lets the FB 'catch up' without interfering with the driving signal.
  • kevinzzkevinzz Posts: 35
    Also regarding subscribe, I have found that stepping the subscribe to each module individually is much more reliable than just pulsing all of the module subscribe lines at the same time. Sometimes, subscribe commands for some of the objects don't make it, creating a situation where BSS controls aren't registered in the crestron. I use the 4.0 modules, which has a single BI for subscribe. So I create a set/reset latch for each module, and a stepper that sets the SRLs high sequentially ( a few seconds in between) and a similar stepper that sets them low. The last step in the OFF stepper triggers the ON stepper. I create an OSC that will trigger the OFF stepper every 10 minutes or so. Using the 4.2 modules you can eliminate the SRLs.

Also check the error log for buffer overflows. I had to increase the array size in a few of the SIMPL+ modules which improved reliability.
  • Not a problem. Use our Crestron modules for the SIMPL Windows programs.
    For help with custom control panels contact your local distributor who are charged with technical support) or contact BSS Audio support.
    http://bssaudio.com/en-US/support