Home BSS User Forum BSS Archive Threads Discussion London Architect with Soundweb London
Options

Crown DCiN amp with LA

I know these amps can't be controlled with LA but can the BLUlink still be accessed and if so how do you configure it in LA?

Comments

• Options
    Nothing in the DCi N can be accessed via London Architect.

You will need to use Audio Architect to set the BLU-Link RX channels on the amplifiers.
  • Options
    GavinGavin Posts: 3
    Question:
    If we use Audio Architect to configure the DCiN analogue inputs as Blu-Link on ramps and set the amp input as a Blu-Link channels, can we then use Architect for the rest of the system as long as we don't need to change any settings in the DCiN?

Basically using the amp analogue inputs as BIBs.

Cheers
    Gav
  • Options
    Yes, you could set up the DCiN amplifiers with AA and then use LA to configure the London devices. Though the DCiN has no mic pre amps, be aware of that if you are using it to inject channels to BLU-Link.

I would encourage you to employ AA for the DSP programming aspect too though. Almost all LA features are embedded into AA. Using AA would also allow easy integration of iOS Motion Control panels either now at at a future date, and integration with the new Contrio series of wall control panels.
  • Options
    kevinzzkevinzz Posts: 35
    I just did what you are talking about on a project, using LA for the sound file and AA to configure the amps. Worked great, pretty easy to set up.

I would really like to use AA, but until BLU-10s are supported and dealers keep selling them my hands are STILL tied!! Still using SA 3.4 for iOS Motion Control and it's a pain!