Home BSS User Forum BSS Archive Threads Discussion London Architect with Soundweb London
Options

3rd Auto IP device causes no connection to Soundweb

I wonder if anyone else has struggled with this and don't know where else to turn. I have a Rane Hal on my network with all of my London DSPs. When the HAL is on the network the computers on the network get a second 169 IP address in addition to its fixed IP. I believe this is the Auto IP of the HAL causing this. (If the HAL is off the network the PCs only get their fixed IPs.)
My problem as it relates to BSS is that when the NIC has taken a second 169 address Architect only recognizes the 169 address and not my fixed IP. As such I cannot connect to my Web devices when the HAL is on the network.

Can anyone suggest how to get around this?

I cannot turn off the auto IP function of the HAL.

Thanks for your help.

Doug

Comments

• Options
    dougwdougw Posts: 5
    The \"other\" company is telling me that BSS is not handling multiple IPs on the same NIC correctly. Has this come up before? Is there a workaround on this side? Is this something that may get addressed in future release?

Thanks

Doug
  • Options
    kevinzzkevinzz Posts: 35
    I have run into this problem, I think. The client's PC had a security camera monitor software that applied a 2nd IP to the NIC, and London Architect latched on to the wrong IP. We had to get rid of the software pushing the 2nd IP.