Home BSS User Forum BSS Archive Threads Discussion London Architect with Soundweb London

volume controls on 9012

Is there a way to control the individual input gains of a mixer object using the 9012? I know it can be done with the 9015, but my customer would prefer the knob on the 9012.

Comments

• Well, in theory, it may be possible.

However, the 9012/BLU3 has no way of changing the position of the knob automatically to reflect the current fader position, as you change between ( I guess 5 ) faders.

So, when you set the first fader at, say halfway, then flip to the second fader- the second fader will jump instantly to whatever value the knob is at as soon as you move it- the rotary knob that is.

That makes it unworkable in practice, so I have never attempted to do it.

You could use instead, the new EC4BV Contrio Controller, or a BLU-8v2. Both more $ of course, but you get a knob, and 4 faders to flip between on the EC4BV, or either 4 or 8 on the BLU-8v2.

Alternatively, go build your own multi knob 9012- head down to RS Components (or whatever in your locality- Radio Shack?) get a bunch of 47kOhm pots and stick them all on a blank wall plate, wire them all back to the GPIO and you have your multiple knobs.
  • Thanks - that's what I was thinking but wanted to make sure I wasn't overlooking something.
  • Are the iPads trying to connect to a different network? In my experience it works best when the only network memory that is in the iPad settings is the one connecting to the BSS.