Home BSS User Forum BSS Archive Threads Discussion London Architect with Soundweb London
Options

Need help building a stereo Toggle.

Hey there.
I have a BSS 160 with both a Digital and Analog input cards.
The venue that I work at is using different mixers on different nights, sometimes we use a mixer with analog outputs and sometimes with S/PDIF outputs.
I'd like to build a toggle in the BLU10 that allows me to switch between the analog stereo pair and the digital stereo pair.

I'm using a source matrix with 4 inputs and 2 outputs. how can I link the sources to do a follow pattern (IE when I switch output 1 to source 1 then output 2 switches to source 2 and when I switch output 1 to source 3 output 2 switches to source 4).

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Just use a pair of source selectors. Wire them like this and link them using link type \"Exact\".
    VAEFOPD.jpg
    Linking is explained here: http://bssaudio.com/soundwebtraining/

In properties for the source selectors, set:
    Allow None = No
    Use Signal Names = Yes

Dan
  • Options
    Thanks Dan.
    I ended up doing something else. I assigned the source matrix to a preset and programmed two presets, one for the Analog in and one for the Digital. I then built a logic controller for the presets so that I can toggle them through my BLU-10.

Boris.
  • Options
    Just use a pair of source selectors. Wire them like this and link them using link type \"Exact\".
    VAEFOPD.jpg
    Linking is explained here: http://bssaudio.com/soundwebtraining/

In properties for the source selectors, set:
    Allow None = No
    Use Signal Names = Yes

Dan

Dan are you \"back\"?
  • Options
    Useful information.
  • Options
    Dan are you \"back\"?

Just bored. I wrote that while sitting on a really long conference call listening to a guy from Brand-L video codec company explain the minute details of their gui to a customer. Figured it wouldn't be polite to hang up in the middle of his presentation.

Dan