Home BSS User Forum BSS Archive Threads Discussion London Architect with Soundweb London
Options

configuring blu-8

hi there, im sure this is simple but it has me stumped.

i have a 4 zoned system with 4 input sources, i need to be able to select a zone and route any one of the 4 inputs to all zones.

Am i right in assuming i need to run in button mode, with the 4 buttons assigned to each zone, so i push button 1 to selct zone 1, then use the rotary encoder to select the source, click to enter and then the volume on the right hand rotary encoder?

having difficulty assigning the source select to the left hand rotary, can someone possibly talk me through the steps necessary to get this to function?

i only use soundweb intermittently so any knowledge i gain seems to fall out of the other ear.

Comments

• Options
    Using Button Mode is the correct approach. When the BLU-8 in the design is configured in this mode then you should be able to drag the source selector drop-down box (on the default control panel) onto the left encoder.

For your information, you can get Soundweb support from your local distributor who will be happy to answer your questions. (free and no purchase necessary) Find your distributor here:
    http://bssaudio.com/en-US/where_to_buy
    Or you can email tech support (free and no purchase necessary)
    http://bssaudio.com/en-US/support

Please don't rely on this forum for quick answers. You may be in for a long wait...
  • Options
    bwaarpbwaarp Posts: 7
    Hi Jerome, I'm not sure that I've got this..

If I select the blu8 from the main window, select blu8 right mouse click then select button set up I now have the image of the Blu8 filling the pane, if in the design tree I select the source matrix (in this case p30) should I be able to drag it to the lh encoder? (It doesn't allow this)

If I pulll up the default panel for the source matrix in the rh pane then how do I switch back to the blu8 panel, it's overlaid with the current pane so I can't see it any more. Sorry if this sounds stupid, but I'm pulling my hair out here.

This is the first time I've tried using a blu8, previously I just used motion control to design a simple control panel for a phone and it seemed much easier..

Im in the uk so I think I'm just going to have to phone the distributor here.

Got the local authority turning up on site to set noise limits tomorrow and I can't get the panel working so it's getting a bit stressful (also no internet on site so can't just check out stuff as I go along)

Thanks
  • Options
    You are viewing the windows in full screen. In the top right corner of the screen you will see the usual buttons to minimize/restore/close. Underneath those, there are similar buttons in a black colour. Click on the middle one and this will make the windows floating. You can then position the Source Matrix panel and the BLU-8 panel side by side.
    You can now drag the Source Matrix drop-down box onto the Left Encoder.
    You could also drag from the design tree. Expand the Source Matrix and you will see all the parameters e.g. Input 1 to Ouput 1, etc... You can drag these parameters to the Left Encoder.