Home BSS User Forum BSS Archive Threads Discussion London Architect with Soundweb London
Options

BLU-102 - Hybrid - Any Line Dropped/Disconnect Tone?

Hi all,

Is there any option for there to be a beep or sound when the line is disconnected or dropped? The hook is quiet enough where you could be in a call and disconnect and never know you're not in the call anymore.

Has anyone done any fancy logic with the hook to momentarily mute and unmute a tone generator?

Comments

• Options
    easy. A couple of tone generators and a mixer with a little logic circuit and you are done

Anyway, a Logic Source for the hook detection, and a Logic Pulse. Both through an AND gate and onto a Logic End, the Logic End is connected to a mute on, say a mixer. Tone Generator in audio land is connected to same channel on the mixer. That will work, bit agricultural though.

Fancy it up by adding a second tone gen at a different freq, connect to another channel of same mixer. Repeat logic design as above, but adding a NOT gate on the input to the second AND gate in the path of the Logic Pulse. This will flip the mute state of both tone generators in turn. To ensure you are not left with a tone gen constantly on when the phone goes back on line, add another Logic End and connect to the main mute of this little 2 channel mixer, connect that to the Hook detection Logic Source via another NOT gate. That will mute the mixer when the phone goes online.

Likely other ways to do this, and other bits you could add, but this would be my first pass on it.

logic.png

VIDEO: http://screencast.com/t/3Fi7mlvrKx0
  • Options
    muzicman82muzicman82 Posts: 67
    Yeah I figured this could be done with logic, but I'm surprised there isn't a quick option on the dialer properties.