Home BSS User Forum BSS Archive Threads Discussion London Architect with Soundweb London
Options

Parameter Preset in SA

Trying to make an Ipad panel in SA that has the ability to select a parameter preset..
The bigger problem is that i have a BLU10 that needs to be set up. Can i set up the Blu 10 in London and then make the Ipad panel in AA?
Or do i need to do everything in SA?

Comments

• Options
    In LA, in the logic section of a device, create the following logic circuit:

Logic Source --> Preset Trigger

The button within the Logic Source can then be triggered by any control system (which will then recall the Parameter Preset).

So, to recall the Parameter Preset with a BLU-10, within LA drag that Logic Source button onto a BLU-10 programming screen.

And to recall the Parameter Preset with an iPad, within SA place that Logic Source button onto an iPad panel
  • Options
    Also, remember that you can set the Logic Source to turn off automatically if you need it to behave like a momentary button. Auto Off in the Properties.
    You can also link several Logic Source buttons together with a Radio Link.
  • Options
    In LA, in the logic section of a device, create the following logic circuit:

Logic Source --> Preset Trigger

Source button onto an iPad panel
    Ken,
    So Now that I set those up and did set them to momentary, How do i create an indicator to display what parameter Preset is selected? I would like to use an LED next to the Button. I can only get the LED to be momentary. So when I press the button the LED lights up But does not remain lit.
    Also on the same front if I have 3 buttons that are based off of 3 logic sources. On a the IPAD Panel in SA can I have the buttons that trigger the preset. They are momentary. I would like the button to illuminate when active but also go off when another PP is active.
    Kind of the same question.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • Options
    Usually the easiest way is this:

Change the Logic Source buttons back to latching (not momentary) by disabling their \"auto off\" property (set it back to \"0\").

Link the Logic Sources together in a Radio Link group. The Radio Linking functionality forces exactly one (no more or less) of the buttons to always be on: whichever one was most recently pressed. That \"on\" state of the button itself can serve as your \"what preset was last recalled\" indicator, to which any control system can subscribe.

So, on the iPad, you don't necessarily need an LED next to each button. But if you want an LED next to each button (to visually hammer home which button is on), then you can simply expose each Logic Source parameter twice to the iPad panel: once as a functional latching button (\"Button - On/Off\"), and once as a read-only LED (\"LED - Color\")
  • Options
    Usually the easiest way is this:

So, on the iPad, you don't necessarily need an LED next to each button. But if you want an LED next to each button (to visually hammer home which button is on), then you can simply expose each Logic Source parameter twice to the iPad panel: once as a functional latching button (\"Button - On/Off\"), and once as a read-only LED (\"LED - Color\")

OK so the radio link works on the control panel is LA.. I had to link the buttons on my control panel and not the logic sources.

I does not work on the iPad Panel in SA. The buttons still only watch. they do not seem to be linked. After i made the change in LA, and saved and exported the Device file, Now in my list of parameters I see the Link in my objects but that makes them all go on and off at the same time.. What am i missing .. So close.. Thanks for the support.
  • Options
    Yeah, this is one of those things (due to the software separation between London Architect and System Architect) that will not appear to work correctly until you actually load everything down to the hardware.

Rest assured: if you've followed the above directions, it will (or at least should) work properly when operating the hardware.

Happy to help :)

PS- for others following this thread: this is a perfect example of why Harman and BSS got away from the LondonArchitect + SystemArchitect model, and instead created Audio Architect. Audio Architect solves these types of issues. I highly recommend everyone, (even you experienced London Architect users) give Audio Architect a try if you haven't yet.
  • Options
    Yeah, this is one of those things (due to the software separation between London Architect and System Architect) that will not appear to work correctly until you actually load everything down to the hardware.

Rest assured: if you've followed the above directions, it will (or at least should) work properly when operating the hardware.

Happy to help :)

PS- this is a perfect example of why Harman and BSS got away from the LondonArchitect + SystemArchitect model, and instead created Audio Architect. Audio Architect doesn't have problems like these.

Yeah i guess I need to start specking the Contrio controlls, but i just love how simple the BLU-10 is..I was thinking about remaking my pages in AA but then what do I do about the BLU 10? This for a new install but the spec was done a while ago so i am hesitant to change the controller that has already been approved for install.. Suggestions?

B
  • Options
    Drive-by opinion: for your current project, I'd take the \"if it ain't broken, down fix it\" approach and stick with LA/SA. For new projects in the future, I'd start using AA, which supports Contrio controllers among other things (and will support BLU-10 eventually anyway... I can't give an accurate estimate of when, though)