Home BSS User Forum BSS Archive Threads Discussion Audio Architect with Soundweb London

Trigger preset in Crown DCI from BSS-BLU100 with Logic

For a redundant system I created some logic that lives in a BSS-BLU100.

This logic should switch presets in a Crown DCI.
(if one of 4 apmps goes down, the preset of the broken DCI should be loaded in the spare amp).

If I use a logic end I can change the \"current preset\" in the DCI, but this does not seem to apply the preset, just changes te name in the preset-name-field. The recall-preset value in the DCI does not seem to work...

Any solutions? Should I use a different (logic)end, or assign it to another setting in the Crown?

This should function without AA running.

I'm looking forward to your replies!

Comments

• \hoeye440\ wrote:
    For a redundant system I created some logic that lives in a BSS-BLU100.

This logic should switch presets in a Crown DCI.
    (if one of 4 apmps goes down, the preset of the broken DCI should be loaded in the spare amp).

If I use a logic end I can change the \"current preset\" in the DCI, but this does not seem to apply the preset, just changes te name in the preset-name-field. The recall-preset value in the DCI does not seem to work...

Any solutions? Should I use a different (logic)end, or assign it to another setting in the Crown?

This should function without AA running.

I'm looking forward to your replies!

Have you looked into ethernet triggers? I did a similar thing in a small project where when the customer selected None - or 0 on BLU3/6, it would send a command to the amplifier to turn off the amplifier enable.

EDIT: You may have to select a preset, and then recall it in two separate commands.
  • Thanks David's! I'll give the select then recall a try... If that doesn't work, I'll try Ethernet triggers
  • Tried the 2-step load/recall, but I cannot get it to work.
    Can anyone explain to me how to use the ethernet-triggers?
  • A Crown Device Preset cannot be recalled natively from a Soundweb London device. To achieve your requirement, simply use Parameter Presets to either:
    1) recall a Device Preset in the amp (add \"Recall Preset [4]\" parameter to the Parameter Preset Group, then creates Parameter Presets)
    2) recall the amp parameters you require (add any amp parameter to the Parameter Preset Group, then creates Parameter Presets)
    These Parameter Presets can be recalled by the Soundweb London device in the usual ways, including a Preset Trigger in Logic. Make sure that you go to the amps Properties and specify your BLU-100 as the \"Soundweb London Preset Proxy\".
  • A Crown Device Preset cannot be recalled natively from a Soundweb London device. To achieve your requirement, simply use Parameter Presets ....

Does this work even if there is no AA running?
  • Yes. Parameter Presets are stored and executed in the Soundweb devices so AA is not required.