Home BSS User Forum BSS Archive Threads Discussion Soundweb Original
Options

Soundweb 9088ii not connecting under Win 7

Hello everybody,

Just a few words to help those who have connection pb between their 9088ii and their laptop under win 7 and a usb/serial interface...

I've made many many try these last days.. i would say for 10 hours spent trying differents parameters and configurations (laptop under win7, Trendnet Tu-S9 usb/serial interface, front and back serial port, etc, etc).
I've only been able to connect the 9088 to soundweb designer a few minutes completely randomly...

I have at first thought my unit was defective, especially the power supply (a know issue on these machines)...
I've changed the 10 electrolytics caps, and checked in the same time there was no dry welding.

---> No result, same pb.

I've contacted by mail Roland Delacroix (a great audio professionnal, \"THXRD\" on some french audio forums) and he very nicely explained me these unit where very capricious with Win 7 (and not communicating at all with win 8 and 10), that he had many connection problems in his pro life with this material and finally recommanded me XP to work with and nothing else...

A few hours later, i was exhuming my old win XP desktop computer from the cellar, connecting a null modem cable between his rs232 port and the soundweb and.....

taadaaaa !!!!
It works !!!!! And perfectly ! Every time !
I've upload many configuration files this morning without any pb... i would say 30 or 40 times ... :D:D:D

Think of it folks ! And if you have questions, don't hesitate !

A great thanks to Roland, without him, perhaps i would have thrown away my processor...

Cybermeu