Home BSS User Forum BSS Archive Threads Discussion Audio Architect with Soundweb London
Options

Cobranet Rounting

Greetings!

I have two sound web London BLU-800.

I am able to send and receive audio using analogue input output.

I would like to test the Cobra net ports. I tried to send audio on Bundle-A, trying to receive it on the next BLU-800 Bundle-A. I didn't get any audio.

I am sure that I am missing the routing somewhere on the Audio Architect.

Any help how to send receive audio on Cobranet?

The Audinate (Dante) is much easier to send receive audio, it has its own utility to do so.

Is there a separate utility? or its done from Audio Architect

Help is appreciated

Comments

• Options
    You need to set a cobranet Bundle Number. Double click the bundle to open the control panel and set the transmitting Bundle to 1000 then set the receiving bundle to 1000. That's all you need to do. For the next bundle use 1001, 1002, etc...
    Any more issues, then contact tech support.
  • Options
    \Doperto\ wrote:
    Greetings!

I have two sound web London BLU-800.

I am able to send and receive audio using analogue input output.

I would like to test the Cobra net ports. I tried to send audio on Bundle-A, trying to receive it on the next BLU-800 Bundle-A. I didn't get any audio.

I am sure that I am missing the routing somewhere on the Audio Architect.

Any help how to send receive audio on Cobranet?

The Audinate (Dante) is much easier to send receive audio, it has its own utility to do so.

Is there a separate utility? or its done from Audio Architect

Help is appreciated

Doperto,
    If you like to use Dante, BSS sells a BLU-806 which allows you to transport audio between two devices over dante and not cobranet. I would say that cobranet is actually a little easier to setup because you don't need two programs, and can do it all with one. I think your major problem though is that you need to use a crossover cable when connecting two devices without a switch in the middle.
  • Options
    thanks

That seems to work, but have to test it later.
  • Options
    Hey guys.

I was reading about Cobranet, I noticed its 256 Audio channels?

then how come there is only 4 Bundles, each bundle with 8 Inputs or Outputs??? 4 x 8 =32 Channels

Any explanation on that? or how to send 256 audio channels?

Regards