Home BSS User Forum BSS Archive Threads Discussion Audio Architect with Soundweb London
Options

gain-sharing or gated automixer for AEC applications

Does anyone have experience using either gain-sharing or gated automixer for AEC applications?
The “standard” templates are using gain sharing auto mixers. Is there a reason not use gated automixers?

Any recommendations ?

thanks
sam

Comments

• Options
    I use the gated version in all conference designs I do. There is more control available in the gated version vs the gain sharing, and of course, one can limit the NOM in the gated where one cannot in the gain sharing.

No doubt there will be others who prefer the gain sharing. I have no idea why the templates show the gain sharing version.

D
  • Options
    Worth mentioning that:
    Both of these Automixers can be combined (master/slave) to make larger Automixers. If the Gain Sharing Automixers are in different BLU devices, then the control signals can be sent across BLU link, CobraNet, Digital I/O. If the Gated Automixers are in different devices then the control signals can be sent across BLU link only.
    The Room Combine object can be used to control several Gain Sharing Automixers with the control signals. You cannot use the Gated Automixer with the Room Combine.