Home BSS User Forum BSS General Discussion
Options

BLU with Virtual Machine

Hi all,

I'm trying to use my old BLU-32 though a virtual machine running Windows XP. It seems that I can send packets to the BLU-32, but I can't receive them on the WinXP side.

Here are the symptoms:

• I'm using a wired ethernet connection that is passed through to the VM. In the VM, I've set a static IP and subnet. Using command prompt, I can ping the BLU-32 and get replies without any significant latency.
  • Using Internet Explorer, I can open the BLU-32 page by entering its IP address.
  • I can write configurations to the BLU-32 normally. For example, when I enable Phantom Power, the corresponding LED indicator lights up.
  • I can't get any feedback from the BLU-32. For example, I can't see any mic input signals.
  • I have an old laptop running Win XP (not in a VM) and it works fine with exact same hardware setup. Only VM seems to have issues getting packets from the BLU-32.

Has anyone run into similar issues using VMs? Or perhaps similar networking issues that were solved? Any known issues with XP and their solutions would be helpful as well.

I know this is a long shot, but I'm hoping that something might work....