Home dbx User Forum dbx Live & Portable Products

DriveRack PA2 and dual Turbosound iP1000s, setup process and recommended router

Live sound newbie who wants to up my game, starting with feedback suppression. I have a pair of Turbosound iP1000's that sound great and am mixing/recording with a Zoom LiveTrak L-20. Getting OK results but want to avoid/suppress feedback and do a better job matching the system to the venues, so got a DriveRack PA2. Two main issues:
1. (Small issue) Any recommendations for a (cheap) router for the road: The PA2 Control app on my iPad talks to the PA2 when the PA2 is cable-connected to my home router. But I'd appreciate any recommendations or tips for using a router (with no Internet connection) on location.
2. (Bigger issue) The Speaker and Amp Setup Wizard does not seem to make sense when I try to connect my pair of self-powered Turbosound iP1000 tower line array/subwoofer units. Indeed, the Setup Wizard does not seem to offer any selections for self-powered speakers, at least for "none of the above" brand/models not in the device/app list of speakers. It keeps wanting to configure a Crown amp. Any suggestions? Is one of the listed brand/models similar enough to the iP1000 that I could use that?
Thanks for any help.

Comments

• HARMAN_EEldeHARMAN_EElde Posts: 1,365

@DelRayDave said:
    Live sound newbie who wants to up my game, starting with feedback suppression. I have a pair of Turbosound iP1000's that sound great and am mixing/recording with a Zoom LiveTrak L-20. Getting OK results but want to avoid/suppress feedback and do a better job matching the system to the venues, so got a DriveRack PA2. Two main issues:
    1. (Small issue) Any recommendations for a (cheap) router for the road: The PA2 Control app on my iPad talks to the PA2 when the PA2 is cable-connected to my home router. But I'd appreciate any recommendations or tips for using a router (with no Internet connection) on location.

This is a cheap wireless router that should be adequate:
    https://shop.bestreviews.com/products/d-link-di-514-wireless-cable-dsl-router-4-port-switch-80211b-11mbps?cid=1478216846&aid=56672288785&eid=&tid=pla-297267570956&ul=9026841&mt=&n=g&d=c&dm=&dt&sn&adid=282858957008&k=&p=&pc=&ap=&gclid=CjwKCAiAnfjyBRBxEiwA-EECLCfZzMdIRVLPfOP99rVKNGdNEkng7CXL2K-_KJtUDlfPhyXtBXUeZBoCeWkQAvD_BwE

1. (Bigger issue) The Speaker and Amp Setup Wizard does not seem to make sense when I try to connect my pair of self-powered Turbosound iP1000 tower line array/subwoofer units. Indeed, the Setup Wizard does not seem to offer any selections for self-powered speakers, at least for "none of the above" brand/models not in the device/app list of speakers. It keeps wanting to configure a Crown amp. Any suggestions? Is one of the listed brand/models similar enough to the iP1000 that I could use that?

Choose NOT LISTED for all speakers and amps tunings. Do not use a different brand. Even though it asks for an amp and you're using Powered Speakers, choose NOT LISTED. Your Powered Speakers still have an amplifier in them.

Speaker tunings are just crossover ranges. NOT LISTED for a Stereo 2 Way (Mains/Subs out the High/Low outputs) would be 35.5Hz-100Hz for Low Crossover, 100Hz-20kHz for High Crossover.

Your powered speakers will have their own internal crossover too.

Thanks for any help.

You're welcome!