Home dbx User Forum dbx General Discussion

PA2 SETTINGS

I am still a new user of PA2 and I would like to find out what the best settings will be on the drive rack itself especially if I am setting my Highs and Lows. I am setting it manually because some of the speakers and amps I use are not listed. Please advise.

Answers

• Is it possible to use the PA2 compressor section as a Leveling amp? I use backing tracks when I do solo gigs and some are louder than others so I need to level the output so it's releatively consistent from song to song

• HARMAN_EEldeHARMAN_EElde Posts: 1,365

@BonnieNzunga said:
    I am still a new user of PA2 and I would like to find out what the best settings will be on the drive rack itself especially if I am setting my Highs and Lows. I am setting it manually because some of the speakers and amps I use are not listed. Please advise.

Select Recall Preset no 3 Stereo 2 Way with Stereo Sub, hook the mains to High outputs, and Subs to Low.

• HARMAN_EEldeHARMAN_EElde Posts: 1,365

@JohnnyHolston said:
    Is it possible to use the PA2 compressor section as a Leveling amp? I use backing tracks when I do solo gigs and some are louder than others so I need to level the output so it's releatively consistent from song to song

Absolutely! The compressor is great for dynamic nominal control of music playback. Set a good threshold and I would suggest overeasy compression over hard knee style