Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriverRack PA & DriveRack PA+ PA Configuration Wizard
Options

new user

willywilly Posts: 4
edited April 2006 in PA Configuration Wizard
Gadget could u please tell me where to set my attenuators on my power amps.I own a older mc2404 with 4 JBLmp418sp,2 JBLmp418s,and 2 JBLmp225.I would also like too know where to set my amp sensitivity\"in the wizard setup\" Would it be 0.775 volts?thanks for your help willy

Comments

• Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    I'd like to help, but I don't know what amps you have...as far as I know the only MC 2404 is a 24 channel 4 bus Yamaha mixer? You have the speakers in the Wizard for selection. The majority of crowns amps use .775 Volts sensitivity...

If you don't have a spec for the input sensitivity, Do a gain structure on the system and see where things fall...You list the MP418's twice:

\"4 JBLmp418sp,2 JBLmp418s,and 2 JBLmp225\"

is that 4 each, 418's with the 2, 225's, and a smaller rig(same system) 2, 418's with the 225's?

so many questions...

Gadget
  • Options
    Sorry Gadget for not making my self clear.Yes I have yamaha mc2404 console.I have 6 subs, 4 are powered subs mp418sp.I also have 2non powered subs mp418s,and 2 satellites mp225 .This is all one system.The 4 powered subs each have built in crown ce2000 amps.On the right side one powered sub powers 1 mp225 ,and the other powers 1 passive sub.The left side is the same as the right . I hope this clears everything up,again sorry for the confusion thanks Willy
  • Options
    Willy,
    please go speaker by speaker and amp by amp amd all corresponding equipment and connections...You still failed to see what powers the tops, and the unpowered sub?subs?

Lots of info please
    G
  • Options
    Okay Gadget this is how I have this system hooked up. Out of the stereo left and right outputs of the console I then connect to the right and left inputs of the driverack.I will now explain right side of system first.Now,Iwill come out of the right side of the high outputs,and the right side of the low outputs of the driverack.Iwill now connect to my first powered sub \"which is a JBL mp418sp\".The Right high output of the drive rack is now connected to the external input of the powered sub.I then connect the right low output of the driverack to the internal input of the same powered sub. I will now connect my top to the speaker output of that same powered sub.I will then jump out of the highpass internal output too the internal input of powered sub number two\"which is a JBL mp418sp\". Now,I will connect my passive sub \"JBL 418s\"to the speaker output of powered sub number two.This completes right side of system.The left side of the system is rigged the same as the right. Gadget the whole system consist's of three sub's,and a top on the right side,and three sub's and a top on the left side. I hope this info helps ,again thanks for your help Willy ps.Each of the four powered sub's have a CROWN CE2000 two channel amp built in to the enclosure.
  • Options
    Hi
    From the Crown site:

CE 2000:
    32.1-dB gain at 1.4-volt sensitivity;
    26-dB gain at 2.83-volt sensitivity.
    So looks like 1.4 volt sensitivity.
    If you have the GUI you can see graphically what I'm telling you. All the equipment you have is in the wizard. If you simply select what equipment you have in the wizard it will automatically set the sensitivity.

Gadget
  • Options
    Hi Gadget,

Can you explain to me what's going on in this thread? Am I supposed to be setting something in the DR260 to match my input sensitivity?

This is the spec on my amp: 1.23 V (+4.0 dBu). What am I supposed to do with it?

Is this something I do on the input mixer in driveware?

Thanks in advance!!!
  • Options
    Jeff,
    That is the input sensitivity setting on your amp. In a perfect world you would set that amps sensitivity to the spec(the driverack actually shows the clock position for these if the amp is in the presets, in the GUI) and then use the driveracks crossover and output controls it set the system up. Problem is, in a system thats not matched, it makes doing the gain structure that much more difficult.

I suggest that if you are a beginner or novice that you set the gain structure and let the amp levels fall where they may...

Gadget
  • Options
    Care to elaborate? I don't want to be a begginer anymore.
  • Options
    Absolutley. I'm glad you want to learn more. If theres one thing I've learned in this business, its that the more you learn, the less you know.

What I'm going to do is provide you with a post by Jon Wilder, and some other homework. Here's the location of the thread, in the 'tutorials\"section:

http://www.driverack.com/drug/

Here is the thread:
    http://www.driverack.com/drug/view_thre ... d_id=40803
    There is a lot of good info there...

And the homework...
    http://www.prosoundweb.com/studyhall/

This is the Prosound web \"study hall\". A wealth of information...It should keep you busy ...for a ..while :wink:

There's more if you want it, and I'll be around when you have further questions... :D

Gadget