Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriverRack PA & DriveRack PA+ PA General Discussion

Vibration & Hum?

Rev.FRev.F Posts: 13
edited April 2006 in PA General Discussion
My Driverack PA vibrates and causes a hum - particularly if attached something sympathetic to the frequency!
Is this normal - or is it a fault I can rectify?
Thanks,
Paul.

Comments

• mikejoeydbxmikejoeydbx Posts: 134
    Paul,

How bad is the vibration? The transformers may vibrate a little, but it should not be excessive. When you press the ground lift switch in, does the hum decrease? When you move the Driverack PA away from other pieces of gear does the hum get lower? How old is this product?
  • Rev.FRev.F Posts: 13
    Thanks for replying so quickly - appreciated! :)
    The hum is enough to be annoying in the studio. I guess for live it wouldn't be a problem, but I am hoping to use this as a cross-over and EQ for my studio as well as live use.
    As I bought this second-hand, I have had the top off to see what the problem is and have checked to make sure nothing is loose etc.
    The hum is originally coming from 2 areas - the transformer vibrates a bit - but the main lower hum comes from the area where the heat-sinks are. The lower chassis does not vibrate - but the sound vibrates the top lid of the chassis which then causes the more audible sound I think.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks,
    Paul.
  • mikejoeydbxmikejoeydbx Posts: 134
    Paul,

It sounds like the transformers. If you want to send me an email (mhunter@hmgsl.com) I can get you a price quote on some replacement transformers.

:D