Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriverRack PA & DriveRack PA+ PA Connectivity
Options

Stereo PA with Delays?

BuieBuie Posts: 3
edited April 2006 in PA Connectivity
I have a stereo PA that has powered speakers and then 2 delay speakers. i was wondering it is possible to use 1 Driverack PA as a 1 (stereo) input 2 stereo outputs. basically i just need seperate eq and delay on the outputs? is it possible to have all outputs full range eq and that there will be 1 set of stereo ins that go to 2 stereo outs???

thanks for any info

Buie

Comments

• Options
    It may not be the most accepted way in the world, but I have used all 6 outputs in this way. Go into your crossover section and set all 3 output pairs to run full range, or highpass at your speakers lower limits. The only problem is, that there is not nearly enough delay built into a DRPA to really make use of the delay stacks. There is only 11? feet of delay available to use in the DRPA, so you will run out of it very quickly.
  • Options
    BuieBuie Posts: 3
    only 11 feet of delay? That’s really dumb. Why have it only 11 feet? The only reason I can think of is because it’s not meant for delaying a whole speaker system, it’s meant for aligning individual drivers in cabinets. No driver inside of a cabinet would be 11 feet away from another driver and still be in same cabinet.

It seemed like a good solution for me, but I guess not. I wonder if this is a hardware inadequacy or if it’s possible that future software updates will fix this and make for longer delays times. :x :x
  • Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Don't be so sure... my subs have a 10.5 foot path length(LABsub horn loaded subs), and the propagation delay of the L/R 24 crossover is 7.5 ms (another 8.5 feet)Add a few inches for the horn to mid differential, and the DRPA comes up woefully inadequet... and yes its just that ..alignment delay.

The 260 however, has 2.7 seconds of delay that can be spread around.

gadget