Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriverRack PA & DriveRack PA+ PA General Discussion
Options

Highend Working?

James RJames R Posts: 22
edited May 2006 in PA General Discussion
Hello,
I am using the DRPA stereo 3 way Peavey SP4g's tops and Sp2118's bottoms, I set the unit up with the help of Gadget no problem , the other night it was pointed out that my heighs on the right were not as clear as the left. I check all cabling board to DRPA to amps to the cabs. I was wondering any ideas, anybody have something like this happen before? There's sound coming out of the driver it's not distorted at all just not crisp like the otherside.

Thank You,
James R

Comments

• Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    You need to do a little more testing...first off, put the suspect speaker on the side that was sounding fine, to verify there isn't any change by switching sides... if the diminished high, follows, then there is a problem with that speaker. If that doesn't solve the problem, you will also need to swap the cables from good side to bad and see if the problem follows... If you have eliminated all these already, you should try a hard reset (which WILL DELETE ALL YOUR PROGRAMMING). The final step I can offer is contacting Mike @ Tech Support.
    Gadget
  • Options
    Thanks Gadget,
    I thought about that after I already posted , but I do have sneaking suspicion that it's the driver due that the cable was working fine. I'll let ya know

Thanks again,
    James R
  • Options
    Ok,
    I checked the driver it was fine, so I did the hard reset and it worked .
    To save my presets, I took my digital camera and took a pic of each screen

All is good again,
    Jim
  • Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    May I suggest to all DRPA users that a UPS (uninteruptable power supply) is a good safety measure with this unit. One that conditions the power is even better, the fact is a voltage sag could have been the cause of the problem here, and the UPS will also help prevent the cascade reaction of the power failure KABOOM.

Gadget