Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriverRack PA & DriveRack PA+ PA General Discussion
Options

Using the DriveRack PA as 4 way mono.

BluesunsetBluesunset Posts: 2
edited August 2006 in PA General Discussion
Hello all.
I have been very happy with my DriveRack PA so far. :D
It has been running in 2 and 3 way stereo for my PA setup for a couple of years, has never had any problems with the unit.

Atm we are changing our PA setup and I now need the DriveRack PA to run in 4 way mono. Is this not possible with the unit?? :(
If it is possible, can someone link me a place where its described how to setup the unit for it, and which inputs to use...

If its not possible, what do you recommed I do?
Should I buy myself another DriveRack PA and run em along side eachother to create 4 way mono, or have dbx made another DSP unit, kinda like the DriveRack PA, but which can handle 4 way mono?

What do you guys suggest?
I am ofcourse looking for a unit just as stable and easy to use as the DriveRack PA.

Comments

• Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    I do not believe you can do what you want to do with the DRPA. I would suggest the 260, It will easily do this, or the new peavey VSX which is just now being released, and isn't even fully functional yet. there are a number of other units that will do what you want.. just NOT the DRPA

2 DRPA's would do what you want.. but not that well. A 260 is far superior. why not sell the DRPA and and upgrade?
    gadget
  • Options
    frankfrank Posts: 2
    Hi, sorry to bring this old post again but
    i'm making a researsh for a new loudspeaker manufacture
    and they ask me for a loudspeaker manager with cross over full bandwith (20~20) with a digital EQ
    to make precision measures and adjustements to the speakers/cabinets
    i was think too indicate the DRPA to them but now i'm reading that 260 \"is far superior\"

I never worked with any dbx tool so i'm in the dark here
    but i think this is exacly the kind of tool that i want

Can someone please tell me whats de big diference between both?
    And if the 260 does exacly the same as the DRPA with some extras?
    I'm aware of other more expensive options but that's not what they want at least for now.

Thanks

Frank
  • Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Hi,

The DRPA is not the tool for that purpose. The 260 is actually linited by only 4 PEQ's per channel some speaker manufacturers use 5 or 6 or more, but if 4 PEQ's per channel is enough then the 260 is a good tool. The REAL processors more than 3-6 times more money, and are much more comprehensive. These are by BSS, XTA, and others.

Here is the location of one of my former posts on the subject and even it doesn't tell all of the differences:
    http://www.driverack.com/drug/view_thre ... d_id=38654

Gadget
  • Options
    frankfrank Posts: 2
    Thanks Gadget,

since is not very ethical to speak about other produts in this forums
    i'll keep searching
    unfortunately all my searches so far does not equal the dbx prices... :(
  • Options
    AJayAJay Posts: 28
    Another difference between the two units is that the 260 can be connected to the PC and controlled with DriveWare software. If you are going to be doing lots of changing and testing, this will be much more convienent then the front panel display of the DRPA.

Not to mention the 260 has more DSP horsepower, more routing options, etc.