Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriverRack PA & DriveRack PA+ PA General Discussion

How do I turn it up?

DJ CityDJ City Posts: 7
edited May 2006 in PA General Discussion
I just got the driverack after my amp rack and effects rack were stolen. I have no idea how to use it so I picked a pre setting (Smiley Face).

My volume is VERY LOW.

I am runing a QSC PLX 3002 with Peavey tops. I also have a Sonic Maxmizer placed after the driverack.

When going thru the driverack, My volume is LOW. When I bypass the driverack and connect straight to the maxmizer...BOOM...I get my volume.

How do I correct this?

Btw...
I am a mobil DJ. I can run either tops alone (Peavey pr15 cabs Reloaded with Eminence KappaLite 3015 15's & Bema X-over). or 2 way system with the same tops and custom made dub 18 cabs loaded with Eminence Sigma Pro. I will soon be replacing my tops with Yamaha s115v's (Very Soon).

I am driving with QSC PLX 3002 for tops or I \"can\" use my backup Bheringer 2500. For low end I use my old reliable QSC 4000. I also have a BBE 482i Sonic Maxmizer. Oh, almost forgot. I am using a Tascam x9 Mixer.

Help would REALLY be appericated.

Comments

• GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Lose the BBE, use the xover/bandpass gain controls to adjust the volume of the driverack.

Gadget
  • DJ CityDJ City Posts: 7
    Thanx for the reply. I will dig into it today and see if it helps. Why do you say to lose the Sonic Maxmizer?

Also, is there a pre setting for the Yamaha s115v's and the QSC PLX 3002? I doubt there is a setting for the QSC 4000 and my bass cabs. The 4000 is an old amp. (But VERY good).
  • GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    You mean the sonic dis-combobulator?Those things are distortion generators... they actually psyco-acoustically trick your ears into something thats not there... they are ok as an effect, but not as a whole system processor. You will get far cleaner, clearer sound without it... they worked ok back when we were using lousy sounding crossovers, but the DR eliminates the necessity of those...

No there are no presets for those amps, but there are for the 115's. Set up a 2x3 for 2 tops and mono subs. Cross the speakers @ 120 hz @ LR 24. Set up a hipass for the subs @ BW18 @ 45 hz. If you have a reference mike follow the 'Former Forum Home' link above and go to the 'tutorials section' and read up, especially the \"new indoor Auto EQ\" post.

Gadget