Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriverRack PA & DriveRack PA+ PA Configuration Wizard
Options

Using 2 amps for subs

bsallerbsaller Posts: 13
edited June 2006 in PA Configuration Wizard
Hi, I have just aquired a DBX Driverack PA. I am using 2 Crown XLS 402 amps for the subs, both amps are in bridged mode.
My question is how do I set up the LOW AMP Bridging in the DRPA? I can't change it from normal in the setup wizard.
BTW I am driving 1 JRX 118 sub (4 ohms) with each XLS 402.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Beau

Comments

• Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Well, you can only set up \"bridging\" in the amp itself. You can set up summed mono, stereo, or dual mono, in the DRPA. The JRX subs are not in JBL's tunings so you will need to set them up as custom. I don't get what you mean by:
    \"I can't change it from normal in the setup wizard.\"
    Gadget
  • Options
    bsallerbsaller Posts: 13
    Gadget wrote:
    Well, you can only set up "bridging" in the amp itself. You can set up summed mono, stereo, or dual mono, in the DRPA. The JRX subs are not in JBL's tunings so you will need to set them up as custom. I don't get what you mean by:
    "I can't change it from normal in the setup wizard."
    Gadget
    Firstly, thanks for responding!
    Yes I have my 2 CrownXLS amps set up for bi-amp. Each amp to drive 1 sub.
    In the setup wizard, you go thru pages, main spr., sub spr., hi-amp, hi amp level, low amp,low amp level, Amp bridging (which is set to normal). Should it not be set to bi-amp? I cannot change it from normal.

Also on another note: I keep reading the JRX series speakers are not in the wizard. Well I have them in my DRPA!
    Have a great day,
    Beau