Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriverRack PA & DriveRack PA+ PA Connectivity
Options

powered mixer

dylanhobo413dylanhobo413 Posts: 3
edited July 2006 in PA Connectivity
ok, so i just bought a driverack pa because the rta microphone thing sounded pretty cool. i have a yamaha emx-5000 powered mixer, a crown xls 602 power amp, two yamaha mains, two peavey sp-2 mains, and three yamaha monitors......

i bought the power amp so that i would have the capability of having three mixes, but i'm unsure of how to hook up the driverack.
anything help would be greatly appreciated!
thanks,
new to this much equipment

Comments

• Options
    mikejoeydbxmikejoeydbx Posts: 134
    dylanhobo413,

Unfortunately, you won't be able to have three mixes through the driverack PA. Are you runing 4 mains for the front of house and two monitor mixes?
  • Options
    since i posted i've started running the 2 monitor mixesout of the powered mixer, and using the stereo out on the mixer to go to the crown amp then to the main speakers which consist of two peavey sp-2's and two yamaha s115v's. i'm guessing....just guessing that i need to put the driverack between the stereo out and the crown amp. of course this would only affect the mains, but i may have to take that compromise. if you have a better setup idea, let me know. also......if i'm using full range speakers, does it matter if i connect them to the high, mid, or low plugs in the back of the driverack? thanks for you help
  • Options
    AJayAJay Posts: 28
    if i'm using full range speakers, does it matter if i connect them to the high, mid, or low plugs in the back of the driverack? thanks for you help

just make sure the crossover/bandpass filter is set right for the outputs you are using, and it shouldn't matter
  • Options
    mikejoeydbxmikejoeydbx Posts: 134
    if i'm using full range speakers, does it matter if i connect them to the high, mid, or low plugs in the back of the driverack? thanks for you help

It depends on the preset. You could just select \"Custom Passive\" for the mains and \"XLS 602\" for the amp in the Setup Wizard. You may then want to set a high pass filter in the x-over section. You would want to use the High outputs. :D