Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriveRack 200 Series 200 Series Configuration Wizard
Options

Setting up DBX DR260 with JBL VRX

MalindaMalinda Posts: 14
I bought DBX drive rack 260 with 04nos of JBL VRX 932LA tops and 02nos VRX918S Bins. My power amps are 03nos of Crown .CTs 3000. I need to configure my DR260 for this speakers and amps. I downloaded VRS tunings ( *.dwp ) files from the net. But I got stuck coz there are several type of ( *.dwp ) files. Can anyone explain me what are the different with these files…?

VRX932-1BFR.dwp VRX932-2BSUB.dwp
VRX932-1BSUB.dwp VRX932-2PSUB.dwp
VRX932-1PSUB.dwp VRX932-3BFR.dwp
VRX932-2BFR.dwp VRX932-3BSUB.dwp
VRX932-3PSUB.dwp

which *.dwp file suits for my system… ? for each side I use 01 bin and 02 tops. Can we call this as a 3way system or 2way system…? What is the most suitable way to setup my system…?

Thank you…

Malinda Lowe

Comments

• Options
    mikejoeydbxmikejoeydbx Posts: 134
    Malinda,

Are you running the top cabs biamped or passive? Are you running the top cabs in parallel? :D
  • Options
    MalindaMalinda Posts: 14
    Dear Michael...

I run the tops in passive mode... and parallel...... what do you sugest for my system..... run them Bi amped....?

Thanks

Malinda :)
    Malinda,

Are you running the top cabs biamped or passive? Are you running the top cabs in parallel? :D
  • Options
    mikejoeydbxmikejoeydbx Posts: 134
    Malinda,

You probably won't want to run those biamped with a CTS 3000 for the highs. This is going to be too powerful for your tops. I would recommend calling Crown to find out how to setup your system to achieve the proper power ratings for each speaker. For a passive setup with 4 top cabs + subs you would want to use the VRX932-2PSUB file.