Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriverRack PA & DriveRack PA+ PA Configuration Wizard
Options

setting sugestions?

maysenpubmaysenpub Posts: 2
edited July 2006 in PA Configuration Wizard
the sound system is as follows
4 Yorkville EF508 tops (15 + 2in horn) bi amp
4 Yorkville SW1000 double 18 subs

two QSC EX 2500 (one side for each sub)
one QSC EX 1600 for the 4 X 15's
one QSC EX1250 for the four horns

sound system is place around the dance floor in each corner in a rectangular fashion. 25x 20 feet aprx.

the subs are in upright postioin on the floor (hard tile) and the tops are suspeneded from the celing, about 3 feet above.

Need cross over settings.

I had to attenuate the low amps as the would clip way before the mid's and highs. (maybe I need bigger low amps???)

any tips would be great

also, I do not have a RTA mic per say but how \"off\" will my EQ be if I use a A/T ATM 33? does the XLR in on the DRPA have phatom power?

Comments

• Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Hi,
    You are pretty under powered, except for the horns. The rule of thumb is, 2x the RMS rating. So, my subs have a 500 watt per driver rating, and 1000 watt peak, that means I should have at least 2000 watts available. The Crown site says 2-4 times... You could set a cutoff frequency of 50 hz and 18 db/ octave BW filter to limit the power amps exhaustion factor until you get bigger amps.

Set up a 2 x 4 stereo setup in the wizard. Set the HPF @ 45-50 hz, @ BW 18, set the LPF@ 100 hz with an LR 24, Set the tops (MF) HPF @ 100hz LR24, and LPF @ 1000 hz, set the Horns HPF @ 1000hz @ LR 24, and the the DRPA has no LPF so it is said to be set to out...which is whatever the speaker can produce.

Now do a good gain structure (as per the back of the manual) and then play a good CD and set the ballance, never exceeding the max-volume that the gain structure gave on any given amp.

Gotta run ask questions if you want..
    Gadget