Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriveRack 200 Series 200 Series General Discussion
Options

Wizards in split mono

bubbaumpbubbaump Posts: 3
I just purchased a 260 and so far I am pretty impressed with it. The one thing I cannot figure out is if you can run the wizard to have different settings for input A and B. I would like to run the 260 in split mono so one side does FOH and the other monitors. On A I would like to send to outputs 1 and 2 to my mains and subs and on B I would like to send a single monitor out on output 3. If possible I would like to be able to have different AFS settings on each channel so I can be more heavy handed in the monitors and less so in the FOH as well as different EQ settings. Can this be done through the wizard? Or am I just going to have to roll my own settings for this?

Also, looking at the block diagram... it is confusing. Looking at the output section they have the inputs listed on the left.

A -> Output 1
B -> Output 2
A+B -> Output 3
A -> Output 4
B -> Output 5
A+B -> Output 6

Are these related at all? I don't really understand what they are getting at. Are the outputs hard mapped to those inputs? I imagine not, but I also figure they wrote the block diagram like that for a reason.

Comments

• Options
    JohnAECJohnAEC Posts: 8
    You can definitely do what you want. You have to un-link channels A & B to do this. I can't remember where you do this on the front panel right now, because I use the GUI software to configure mine from a laptop - 'much easier! Even if you don't have a laptop to connect, you should download the software just to see a more graphical indication of how everything is set up.

Hopefully someone will chime in with how you do this via the front panel settings. If not, I'll drag out the Manual and have a look.

John
  • Options
    bubbaumpbubbaump Posts: 3
    Maybe I am dense... but it zeems the software is just another version of the front panel. It just shows the front panel on my PC. The GUI is not significanty different than the front panel at all other than I can use a mouse.

That said, I figured out how to separate the two, but it seems it is not something I can do in the wizard. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to spend the extra 20 minutes. :)