Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriverRack PA & DriveRack PA+ PA Connectivity

Simple Hook?

SteveRotherSteveRother Posts: 2
edited July 2006 in PA Connectivity
I just purchased a new DBX DriveRack and microphone for my travel sound system but think I may be well over my head.

I am using two JBL EON 15p two way powered speakers and I have been unsucessful in connecting them.

Does the DriveRack PA require me to use the High Med and Low outputs to different speakers as illustrated or is there a way to use it with a simple two output set up?

I purchased this in hopes of being able to use it with different powered speakers and in different rooms as I do seminars all over the world and love great sound. Does this make sense or did I buy the wrong equipment?

Thanks

Steve

Comments

• You need to select a 2x2 mode stereo in, stereo out when running your setup wizard. When the program is selected, it will show you a picture on the LED panel. That picture will show you which outputs to use for a given mode. You will have 2 inputs and just 2 outputs, one for each speaker. I THINK your speaker settings are preprogrammed BUT JBL has available DRPA settings for most all their speakers on their website since it is also a Harmon brother product.

Mike McNany
  • I think the DRPA only has the EON15 G2 not EON15P...but those settings should be close.

You will end up in a 2x2 config...using the high outputs to the JBLs (which will be full-range w/cutoff appropriate to the EON).

C