Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriverRack PA & DriveRack PA+ PA Configuration Wizard

DRPA X-Over Q? for Mackie SA1521z w/ SWA1801 Active Subs

churchsoundchurchsound Posts: 4
edited August 2006 in PA Configuration Wizard
Hello, I'm new to the forum....I am so glad I found this place... I have many questions I hope to get answered...

here's my first

I need some advice....

I have a pair of Mackie SA1521z Active Cabs and a pair of Mackie SWA1801 Active Subs that we have at our local church.. As you guys may know, these cabs have built in x-overs.... Is it best to use the DRPA's x-over settings and split the low and high signals or should i just go \"full range\" out to the sub and let the mackies integrated x-over do it's thing???

Thanks in Advance

omar

Comments

• anyone.. bump..
  • GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    The beauty of the Driverack is that you can try it both ways. I think you may find it hard to beat the setting that Mackie provides, after all the spend countless hours perfecting those settings. But I know I'm never satisfied, and I'd definatly try and see what I could do, but thats just me.

Gadget
  • Gadget wrote:
    The beauty of the Driverack is that you can try it both ways. I think you may find it hard to beat the setting that Mackie provides, after all the spend countless hours perfecting those settings. But I know I'm never satisfied, and I'd definatly try and see what I could do, but thats just me.

Gadget

hey thanks... that's kinda what i was thinking too...