Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriverRack PA & DriveRack PA+ PA General Discussion
Options

4 speakers for the mains?

tjtj Posts: 5
edited August 2006 in PA General Discussion
Can you program the driverack for 4 full range speakers as the mains with a set of subs in mono? I have the JBL SF25's as well as the JBL SF15's wired together to give full range as my main speakers but I also run a set of custom made subs in mono with them. I don't recall seeing that type of setup in the wizard. Most connections like that involve crossover or triamping where the main speakers are at least biamped. I run in stereo mode with one amp powering the mains and a mono amp on the subs crossed over at 75 Hz. Right now, the only configuration is the SF25 full range with a mono sub. I don't know how to include the SF15's in the mix. Does anyone know?

Comments

• Options
    tj,

You can setup a triamped system (select a bi-amped cabinet and then a mono or stereo subwoofer in the Configuration Wizard). Once you have completed the Wizard, you can go into the x-over and alter the frequencies to give you 4 full range outputs with a mono or stereo subwoofer output(s) (depending upon what you selected in the Configuration Wizard).