Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriverRack PA & DriveRack PA+ PA General Discussion
Options

help with set up please?

ragga1ragga1 Posts: 13
edited August 2006 in PA General Discussion
Hi there,

Just wondering if you could help me with a possible set up. I dont know if you remember my set up but I'll run it by you again -
1 X DRPA
1 X PEAVEY GPS900
1 X PEAVEY GPS2600
1 PEAVEY GPS3400
2 X PEAVEY QW4
2 X PEAVEY QW 218
We run our gear as a 3-way system for our band and it goes really hard!!
I do alot of dj'ing on the side and so far I've had to roll in all of the above gear as explained. 90% of the gigs I dj at dont warrant the use of such a big rig which brings me to my question.
Can I set up my DRPA to run just the top bins (QW4) as a 2-way (or possibly 3-way) system? Would the top bins (QW4) be suitable for this application? If this is possible, could you help me with a possible set up?
Your help would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Hello down under!

I see you have posted on the Peaveyt website. I also noted that the manuals section is down for maint. but you have one I presume and the crossover frequency should be listed there... That site is going to be your best bet for definative answers. I wanted to see what frequency they suggesteed for cossover..but..I do know this, the 44 xt has a usable low limit of 500 hz, and a 4\" diaphram. I do not however, suggest using a frequency that low, I would do some playing if I were you in the 750-1000 hz area. Its pretty easy to do with the DRPA (if you can actually see that damn little tiny screen that is)chuckle, If you don't know how to do that (set the xover points) you'll have to let me know and I'll try and get you up to speed. Its all in what sounds best.. do you have the RTA mic?

As far as the \"will it work part\".. well yes they could be used wothout subs but that would mean you wouldn't have the low frequency extension... I see they have a listed LF response of 50 hz, but I assume that is some # of db down in response so expect a usable LF of 60 hz or so.

I guess if thats not specific enough you'll have to ask more specific questions
    Gadget