Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriverRack PA & DriveRack PA+ PA General Discussion
Options

Advice for using w/ Mackie active speakers?

Bob WilliamsBob Williams Posts: 2
edited September 2006 in PA General Discussion
I am new to using the DRPA, and this is my first exploration of this forum. Pleas forgive any \"stupid\" questions that might follow.
After 20 years of relying on channel and basic graphic EQs of mixers, I've entered the digital EQ domain with the acquisition of my very own DRPA. My core system consists of a Mackie CFX20 mixer and a pair of Mackie SR1530z powered speakers.
After a great deal of confusion trying to interpret the manual and use the wizard to optimize the levels and set the AFS, I finally achieved some success after getting some advice from the salesman, but he was a little fuzzy on how to get the most out of the DRPA with my system.
I'd appreciate any suggestions, resources, and relating any 1st hand experience as I try to get up to speed with this gizmo. There doesn't seem to be muich info on using this with powered speakers.
We provide sound reinforcement for folk / acoustic concerts and our own gigs in a variety of venues - many outdoor, some in partiallly enclosed areas w/ lots of brick walls and buildings to small rooms and moderatly sized theatres. For smaller gigs we employ a pair of FBT MaxX400 powered speakers rather than the big Mackies. :?

Comments

• Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    start here:
    http://www.driverack.com/drug/index.asp
    in the tutorials section.. read it all..
    next start with an all custom setup using the c300 thats a passive preset fot the srm450 (actually that id the unpowered srm 450..
    then come back with specific questions
    gadget