Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriverRack PA & DriveRack PA+ PA General Discussion
Options

Feedback Elimination

teagasteeteagastee Posts: 3
edited October 2006 in PA General Discussion
Hi there I'm also owned a DBX PA and still learning how to set it up.

I really have no idea how this AFS works since I'm still getting a microphone feedback maybe the way I set up my loud Speaker. Should I place my loud speaker away from the stage, in the front or behind the stage to eliminate feedback, lift up high enough the loud speaker or lower it. Should I set up the DRPA filters to live or fixed. Any input will greatly appreciate. Anyway here is my set up: 2way set up.

2-JRX115 Loud Speaker
2-JRX118s Subwoofer
Carvin Pro Mixer
1-Carvin 1000amp with built in EQ
1-Carvin 1800amp
1-BBE Sonic Maximizer
1-DRPA

thanks ERIC

Comments

• Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    well, first off JUNK the BBE! the position of the speakers should be ahead of the plane the mics are on, up or down isn't as important as getting the sound off the reflective surfaces. Next a good gain structure as per the back of the manual is in order. Next play some good full range music and ballance the subs and tops using the amp controls turning the loudest one down.. not ever exceeding the point you found on the amps in the gain structure.. If you have the RTA mic, auto EQ the unit tops using the new indoor method explained in the FORMER FORUM HOME above..also read the tutorials and white papers sections for further assistance. If you still have problems I will be here...
    Gadget
  • Options
    Awesome! Thanks for the input I'm surely going to try that.

Eric