Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriverRack PA & DriveRack PA+ PA Configuration Wizard
Options

RTA mic use during pinking

rickrockrickrock Posts: 27
edited December 2006 in PA Configuration Wizard
I lost my dbx rta mic, bought a replacement, found the first one, so I have two. What do you think about putting a Y adapter into the rta mic input in the PA, and setting both mics out there in the room when pinking? I guess the signal would be summed, but, isn't this a good thing? Our usual use for this is in a ball room that holds approx. 250-300 people. I use jbl srx722's with a 718 sub on each side, crown Xti powered (I'm a good Harmon customer!!). Pinking the room to flatten the EQ has become indispensable to our set up, and this two mic idea seems to me to be a way to maybe get a slightly better result than slowly walking around in front of the pink noise blast.

much obliged
rickrock

Comments

• Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    I would say off the top of my head it sounds like a bad idea... First dual load on the 9v phantom supply, second multiple arrival paths to the mics would cause multiple cancellations.. I'm sure there is many more reasons if I was to think about it..
    Gadget