Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriverRack PA & DriveRack PA+ PA Connectivity

RCA outputs to DBX XLR

edited January 2008 in PA Connectivity
anybody got ideas or suggested products. My mixer has left and right rca outputs. How do I hook these outputs to the left and right inputs of the drive rack pa

Comments

• GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    yo
    Call 1-800-356-5844 ask for 2
    XRF115 for a 15 footer
    XRF105 for a 5 footer
    Thats a premade XLR male to RCA male
    The company is Full Compass...

Gadget
  • For those of us who do NOT need more cable, these RCA-to-XLR adapters... http://www.audiogear.com/cgi-bin/shoppe ... add=action ...ought to work. I sure hope they do; I have a pair of those plus 6 of these XLR-to-RCA adapters... http://www.audiogear.com/cgi-bin/shoppe ... add=action ...coming.
  • Gadget, I've received those XLR-to-RCA and RCA-to-XLR adapters. Each has pins 1 and 3 grounded with only pin 2 carrying positive signal. Will the DRPA work correctly so connected?
  • GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Yes,
    Most modern gear uses the pin 2 XLR as plus and the 3 as minus and 1 as shield. Minus and shield can be tied together or the shield left open at the RCA connector.
    Gadget
  • JulioJulio Posts: 4
    Guys:

I am new here... I just bought the DriveRack PA and a pair of Makie SA1530Z. I also bought a pair of RCA to XLR cables, but unfortunately they sent me RCA to female XLR.

So I had to temporarily buy male to male XLR connectors.
    I just hooked my Audio8DJ sound card directly to the SA1530Z, when I turned them on, I hear a hum. Can the connectors be creating this hum?
    Any suggestions? The cables are NOT pin2 hot.

Also... when I connect the speakers through the DriveRack PA, I still hear the hum (although I have not setup anything at all in it..just turn it on). If I connect to LOW..I hear the bass..., MID...mids.... HIGH..highs.... If I still doesn't have the subs... is there a way I can have
    the DriveRack sound OK? How can I connect/set it up?

The manual does not say how to do it with just a pair of loudspeakers.

I will appreciate ANY help you can provide.
  • DraDra Posts: 3,777
    For now just load in the #5 (Full Range) program and connect to the High outputs. Go into the crossover and set the Hi-pass (lo-cut) to around 50-60 hz with a BW18 filter. You should not have the speaker volume knobs all the way up. Try 12:00.

DRA