Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriverRack PA & DriveRack PA+ PA General Discussion
Options

drpa powered up but failed to accept or pass signals

Mike McNanyMike McNany Posts: 22
edited April 2007 in PA General Discussion
Had a strange drpa problem last night.

Powered everything up, tried a CD, had signal out of the mixer as shown by the meters. Nothing out of the PA. Checked all cabling. drpa was dark, found the IEC power cable fell out. Turned it on, LED screen looked good, made sure the correct speaker program was loaded, still no sound. Yanked out a main inserted analog EQ. Finally noticed there was NO signal on the drpa's input meters. Cycled drpa power (amps turned down, of course). Meters in and out flash but no signal. Changed out the cables from the mixer to the drpa, same results. Cycled drpa power a couple more times and then we had input signal showing and ONCE we turned the amps back up, every thing worked fine. Frustration caused added stupid mistakes .

Anybody have similar probs or suggestions on cause? Since it's a small bar system, I only have the drpa for crossover function. I was worried we might have had to go subless last night if it had not decided to work. The rig resides in a trailer. Yes, it's been cold but well above freezing the last week here in PA so I don't THINK it was condensation related, but possible.

Mike McNany

Comments

• Options
    Same problem occured with new install in night club.
    Ran without Driverack on night. Tried again at end of night, still did not work. No input or output activity on LED display.
    Worked perfectly when it was turned on a few days later.
    What's happening?
  • Options
    trshottrshot Posts: 54
    I set up pa in studio with pink noise and ipod music sounded GREAT. Took it out for 1st time last week-no signal thru the DRPA. Double checked everything then finally shut off and turned back on the DRPA and amps and all was well?? I hope all will be well tomorrow!!!
  • Options
    slywhiteslywhite Posts: 12
    I know this post is probably a little bit late but,
    YOU MUST LET THE DRPA GO THROUGH ITS DIAGNOSTIC BEFORE YOU TURN YOUR AMPLIFIERS ON.
    Simply let the lights go through their sequence of blinks etc and let the LED get set. Once it's finished, no problems. Ironically I finally discovered this Friday 13. I've had the same thing happen before but was too rushed to realize what I was doing wrong.

This is definitely the issue.