Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriverRack PA & DriveRack PA+ PA Configuration Wizard
Options

Settings for JBL JRX 115 and 118SP

RickRick Posts: 8
What would I use for a crossover point for the JRX115 and the JBL JRX 118SP Powered Sub.

I understand the JRX115 to be the same as the SF115 which the DriveRack PA has a program for, but the DriveRack PA doesn't have a program for the 118SP Powered Sub.

Anytrhing else I should do to set these up?

Comments

• Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Probably 120 hz would be good...
    set an HPF of 40 hz @ BW 18
    set a LPF of 120 hz @ LR 24
    set a HPF of 120HZ for the tops@ LR 24
    set a delay of 7.5 ms for the tops
    this would be a 2x3 mono subs or 2x4 system

You could experiment a bit depending on amp power you could go lower perhaps 100 hz would sound better.. you could even go a bit lower if you have enough power for the tops..I would avoud 80 hz area though.. thats the primary kick harmonic...

Gadget
  • Options
    RickRick Posts: 8
    The Yorkville AP2020 I'm using supplies 400w to each 8ohm speaker.
    Speakers are rated at 250w.

I think the JRX118SP has an internal crossover at 100hz. I'm just using the one sub. One of the mains is pole mounted above the sub. Still delay mains?

Presently I have the high pass for the mins at 100hz at BW24 and the low pass on the sub set to \"out.\"

Truthfully, I dont understand the BW18, LR24 terms.

So you set a high pass to the sub? Why?
  • Options
    Gadget wrote:
    Probably 120 hz would be good...
    set an HPF of 40 hz @ BW 18
    set a LPF of 120 hz @ LR 24
    set a HPF of 120HZ for the tops@ LR 24
    set a delay of 7.5 ms for the tops
    this would be a 2x3 mono subs or 2x4 system

You could experiment a bit depending on amp power you could go lower perhaps 100 hz would sound better.. you could even go a bit lower if you have enough power for the tops..I would avoud 80 hz area though.. thats the primary kick harmonic...

Gadget

WOW :shock:
  • Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Eddie...?...Hmmm whats that mean?

G