Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriverRack PA & DriveRack PA+ PA Configuration Wizard
Options

New DRPA tunings not included in older DRPA's?????

DJMaytagDJMaytag Posts: 4
edited June 2007 in PA Configuration Wizard
I just downloaded the newest copy of the DRPA manual on PDF from the DBX site, and happened to notice that there are a whole slew of new tuning listed in the \"Rev B\" manual, as compared to the manual I found on my drive from last year. Anyone know how to get your DRPA updated with these tunings, or at least could someone with a newer DRPA give us the settings off theirs so we can set ours up? The new DRPA has my system in it (JBL MPro 410, MRX518S, Crown XLS 602, XS900), and I'd love to get it tuned up properly.

DriveRackPA_AmpTunings_thumb.jpg
Click image for screenshot of old vs new manual

Comments

• Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    Download the 260 driveware. Fill in the wizard. That will give you the x-over and PEQ settings for the M-Pro tops. The 260 uses 4 filters but you'll only have 3 in the PA. Eliminate the least used. Also the limiter settings will need to be adjusted slighty because you don't have the brick wall limiter in the PA.
    (To acces the modules just double click them)

DRA
  • Options
    Dra wrote:
    Download the 260 driveware. Fill in the wizard. That will give you the x-over and PEQ settings for the M-Pro tops. The 260 uses 4 filters but you'll only have 3 in the PA. Eliminate the least used. Also the limiter settings will need to be adjusted slighty because you don't have the brick wall limiter in the PA.
    (To acces the modules just double click them)

DRA

Oooh, very nice (makes me wanna trade up for the 260 now!)

Closest approximation I could find for the MRX518S sub and the XS900 amp was the MPro 410S and the CE 4000. Looks to be about right, will test out that configuration later tonight.
  • Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    Odd. Did you down lown the updater? My driveware shows the both your cabs and amps. Make sure that you have the latest GUI version and the latest 260 firmware updater. Your stuff is definately in there.

DRA
  • Options
    Dra wrote:
    Odd. Did you down lown the updater? My driveware shows the both your cabs and amps. Make sure that you have the latest GUI version and the latest 260 firmware updater. Your stuff is definately in there.

DRA

Ahh, you have to go to http://www.dbxpro.com/Download/ to get the latest updates, the originals are still on http://www.dbxpro.com/260/260.htm
  • Options
    BassManiacBassManiac Posts: 4
    DJMaytag wrote:
    I just downloaded the newest copy of the DRPA manual on PDF from the DBX site, and happened to notice that there are a whole slew of new tuning listed in the "Rev B" manual, as compared to the manual I found on my drive from last year. Anyone know how to get your DRPA updated with these tunings, or at least could someone with a newer DRPA give us the settings off theirs so we can set ours up? The new DRPA has my system in it (JBL MPro 410, MRX518S, Crown XLS 602, XS900), and I'd love to get it tuned up properly.

DriveRackPA_AmpTunings_thumb.jpg
    Click image for screenshot of old vs new manual

DBX just released new firmware, to update your driverack PA you will have to send it back to DBX or they will send you the new EEPROM and you can take your DRPA to the nearest service center to have them solder it in.
  • Options
    BassManiac wrote:
    DBX just released new firmware, to update your driverack PA you will have to send it back to DBX or they will send you the new EEPROM and you can take your DRPA to the nearest service center to have them solder it in.

I just downloaded the manual into my NEW (post fried) computer and noticed some really NICE, CLEAR 2 & 3 way quick start manuals now exist.

About that EEPROM. Do you have a link to DBX discussing it and does it include anything other than speaker /amp listing changes. And the EEPROM needs SOLDERED in? Most use sockets.

Mike McNany
  • Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Early DRPA's had sockets and had problems with them vibrating/coming out, so later versions were soldered in. I'll see if I can get a definitive answer but my understanding is there is only speaker and amp additions which are posted here anyway. DBX (because of warranty issues) doesn't suggest attempting to solder in the chips yourself...

The quickstart modules have been in the \"Driverack Training modules\" available above for some time.
    G