Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriverRack PA & DriveRack PA+ PA General Discussion
Options

Update firmware

jwlussowjwlussow Posts: 6
edited May 2007 in PA General Discussion
I have an Driverack PA but the speakers used in the config demo aren't listed as presets. I have JBL JRXs and MRXs but neither have presets. I have also noticed that the DR260 has new firmware that corrects a Crown K1 config. That is the amp I use to power the subs. Is there anyway to get the new speaker tunings on a PA?

Comments

• Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    Download the 260 GUI software. Wizard in your speakers and amps and transfer (by hand) the settings to your PA. You should be aware that the only things that you will get is the x-over point and slopes and the x-over gain levels. If you are really lucky, you may get some lo PEQ adjustments for the tops because of the subs, but don't count on it. Be leary of the limiter settings for the amps because the 260 has \"Brick wall limiting\" and the PA doesn't. Set those yourself with the instructions in back of the manual.

Dra
  • Options
    jwlussowjwlussow Posts: 6
    I also own a 260 but I am not that interested in buying a PC just to use it. My studio and business are Mac based and I know dbx has no plans on porting to Mac. I have to borrow a computer just to do the firmware update for the 260. That is why I am using the PA more. I am also looking into Peavey's unit.

Thanks for the quick reply.