Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriveRack 200 Series 200 Series Software Control
Options

Important note regarding upgrade from GUI 2.6.1 to 2.6.2

kpippenkpippen Posts: 551
Hello Everyone,

I have found that when upgrading from 2.6.1 to 2.6.2 GUI it is best reboot your PC immediately after 2.6.1 is uninstalled and again immediately after 2.6.2 is installed... I have found that if 2.6.1 is uninstalled and 2.6.2 is installed immediately after...the RS-232 communications gets flakey or the GUI refuses to open the comm port...even after reboot... I suspect it's registry issue...2cents.gif

As luck would have it...it's quite possible that this anomaly could be unique to HP Pavilion laptops,...but it couldn't hurt to follow the above procedure anyways...:)

Kevin

Comments

• Options
    kpippenkpippen Posts: 551
    kpippen wrote:
    As luck would have it...it's quite possible that this anomaly could be unique to HP Pavilion laptops,...but it couldn't hurt to follow the above procedure anyways...:)
    Tonight I realized that one of my other programming softwares (while running around in the background) was snatching the comm port without my Okey-Dokey... "My issue" has been resolved...8)

Kevin