Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriveRack 200 Series 200 Series Configuration Wizard

speaker/amp setting problem

yalcyalc Posts: 24
When I set the speaker and amp settings all to \"custom\" and store them I notice at some point later after turning the unit off and on a few times the settigs have changed to somthing other than custom and the store light is on.
No other settings have changed and it does'nt sound different uless I press the store button. I have kept a close eye on what I'm doing to see if I'm causing this to happen. I don't see how. It has happened over a period of useage when I have made no adjustments.
Does anyone have any thoughts? It is annoying. If I do want to make changes and store them I have to set everything back to custom before I store the changes. I've had this DR260 for a little over 2 months and it started to do this a few days after I got it.

Clay.

Comments

• DraDra Posts: 3,777
    Out of my league. Call tech support.

DRA
  • kpippenkpippen Posts: 551
    Hi Yalc,

If I remember correctly any settings that is changed since the last store will be highlighted or shaded on that particular screen... When the store light illuminates look at all of the parameter screens to see what parameter(s) are shaded or indicated as \"have been changed\"... Once you have checked this please post back your findings...

Kevin
  • yalcyalc Posts: 24
    Yes, When I select a parameter change it does highlight untill you select that change, This is different. The amp and speaker tuning settings revert from custom to the first item on each list i.e Crown XTI ect. I can change them all back to custom and push store, none of the previously set data will change (xover, compressor ect) unless I push the data wheel when the promt at the end of the amp/speaker tuning menu asks to load. If I do it obviosly loads all the related data and destroys the patch I had built. I know what your thinking, You have to load the info. I do when I first build a patch. Select all custom settings, Push select, set all other desired parameters push store, done deal. The speaker/amp tunings should never change unless I change them, But they do. As I mentioned they all revert to the first item on each list with no action on my part.
    Clay.
    Are you working with the GUI or front panel? In the GUI after loading a program with specific speakers and amps, if you go back into the setup wizard it will default to the first option in each catagory. I wish is would show the current setup, but it doesn't. If the \"tunings\" (PEQ, x-over, etc) are untouched, it should not matter to you. Why are you going back into the systom set-up wizard? I think what you have is normal, although inconvenient for \"double - checkers\" like us.

DRA
  • GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    When instituting a change or creating a new setup you will need to press the store button 3 times.. each consecutive press will be prompted by a question.. location you want the preset...name the preset... sure you want to delete existing setup.. if you don't finish the setup you won't get the preset to hold the changes....
    G
    I'm working with the front panel, Pressing the store button three times.
    When I first notice this it was because the store button was illuminated and I had not touched the unit or even been near it since I turned it on. I looked to see if any parameters had changed and found what I've been describing.
    Now it happens every time I turn it off.

Clay
    Hey G I told the guys @ Loudspeakers
    That you sent me. Did'nt talk to Jay.
    Talked to Dave, He relayed the
    message.
  • GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Thanks!
    Ok, Now that you've got all that done and if you have done a hard reset call ? email tech support and let them help sort this out.. sounds like a hardware problem...

One further thought.. if your comfortable and you have the unit unplugged and it's not under warranty... open her up and make sure all the ribbon cables are snugly seated in their sockets and that nothing else is loose or looks like a problem.

G
    Emphasis on IF NOT UNDER WARRANTY.

DRA
    It's still under warranty so I won't be takin' any tools to it. I guess I'll have to call DBX.
    I want to thank everyone for all your help and advise over the past several months, esp. Dra and Gadget. After implementing your suggestions, some construction and quite a few hours of trial and error button pushing I received the greatest compliment. Last weekend the club owner said we were the the best sounding band he had ever heard. To which he added \"You guys sound like a CD \"
    I could not have done it without you guys and the DBX forum.
    Thanx again,

Clay.[/i]