Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads Zone Pro 1260/1261 Zone Pro 1260/1261 General Discussion
Options

ZC8 & 1261 - Help

I have installed a 4 zone system as follows:
Z 1&2 - main bar stereo
Z 3 stage main bar mono
Z 4 outside mono
Z 5&6 VIP Room stereo

I have used awg 24 CAT5 E sheilded cable with half plastic half metal shelled RJ45 plugs, i am getting intermitant problems with 2 of the ZC8 controllers for zones 4 and 5&6 - same fault volume control 'UP' is very unresponsive and the source selection has a few seconds delay. And the volume can get stuck at inf
The cable lenght is 10M & 15M, both ZC8 units daisy chain out of the other two ZC units.

The cables meter out just fine.
The 1261 is powered via a UPS But the venue has no electrical EARTH could this be the problem??

TIA

SSL
Thailand

Comments

• Options
    MikeyMikey Posts: 82
    The lack of earth might be a problem-probably in an indirect way. The culprit is likely something else, though.

I have had a variety of problems with the zone controllers. Do you have any cabling routed near transformers or high voltage sources? Any television sets, refrigeration units or transformer powered devices may be inducing a voltage into the cabling for the controllers. I have had this problem before and it was a nightmare to figure out. The source of the problem was a cable near a television set-about 3 feet away. Caused the audio to modulate in volume.

If I weren't an engineer with a bunch of EMI/EMC training, I really don't think this problem would have been discovered.

Anyway, I hope this helps.

Good luck,
    Mikey
  • Options
    mikejoeydbxmikejoeydbx Posts: 134
    HSSL,

The lack of an earth ground may be exacerbating the problem. There has recently been an update to the ZCs that can make them less prone to this problem. However, they haven't been shipping for long, so you may have to have your dealer order them for you. Hope this helps.