Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriveRack 200 Series 200 Series General Discussion
Options

Turbosound, DR 260.

I am new to this forum and to the DR260. I have a 260 coming in for my system and I would like to be as ready for it as I can. I have downloaded the DriveWare and gone all through it. I was trying to find optimal tunings for my system. My amps are all in the presets (qsc plx and crown xti) but I am not sure where to start with my Turbosound TXD 252's and TXD 218's. I have all the data I can find on them from Turbosound which has given me crossover point and slope as well as power handling. Do I need alignment delay? How can I make this sound the best? I have been reading the 260 manual thoroughly, and I took the online tutorial. I think it is important to have the correct setting of power amp levels and matching them to internal DR260 settings. Is this correct? Am I fretting for nothing? Oh, and by the way, the 260 is getting to me on Wednesday July 18th and I have a weekend long festival starting Friday the 20th. Not much time to get it right. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    You can do a manual gain structure as detailed in the back of the manual and on this and the former forum. This will more precisely match your boards output to the DR and amps. Read all you can about the auto EQ function, because if not used correctly, you will be very sad. You are far better off not using it at all than letting it decide what to do own it's own. Some have had regrets using the Auto limiter control. Time alignment may or may not be needed, since it is a speaker placemnet issue. Gadget has some great insight on this subject. Do a search. I think that it is in the \"audiophile needs help\" thread. It is super long but in there somewhere. You definitely need to set up and play before you go to that major gig.

DRA
  • Options
    kpippenkpippen Posts: 551
    Dra wrote:
    I think that it is in the "audiophile needs help" thread. It is super long but in there somewhere.
    Hello Livesound,

Be sure to report back to us after you have read the thread... I'll be squeezing in my vacation in the mean time...8)

Just kidding... Click here for the thread!

Cheers,

Kevin

PS. Welcome to the forum...