Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriveRack 200 Series 200 Series General Discussion
Options

Custom settings

SonicPadawanSonicPadawan Posts: 7
Is it possible to rename the \"Custom\" label to something more device specific? For example, I have EV mains that aren't on a list. If I start with \"Custom\" and adjust my settings, is there a way I can put those settings with the rest of the presets and label it accordingly?

Comments

• Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    After setting up your custon setup, just name the program \"EV 1\" or \"EV MSG\" or \"Whatever\". But no, you can't change the name of the \"custom\" to read \"EV\". It would be nice, sorry.

DRA
  • Options
    kpippenkpippen Posts: 551
    edited July 2007
    Hello,

To which DriveRack are you refering to?... In the DR260 with the DriveWare GUI in the config mode you can left click on the outputs (For example: \"Left High\") and label them anything you like up to 11 characters...

Kevin
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Hi Dra,

Is this DRPA lingo?... I know in the DR260 you can name your programs what ever you like... I have three custom programs in the one I installed: \"Youth Live\" \"Youth Cinema\" and \"Youth DJ\"...:)

Hey pilgram,...I'm the only \"pandawan\" or \"grasshopper\" around these parts...:D

Kevin
  • Options
    For either, the programs can be named anything (character limited). But he (I think) wants to be able to go to the \"speaker list\" and instead of selecting \"custom\" have \"EVxxxx\" in that slot.

That is the one of the beauties of the 260. You can name the output channels to be the amps or speakers that should connect to that output.

DRA
  • Options
    Yea,...The 260 ROCKS!... You can customize it to just about any way you want!...

Hey Sonicpadawan,

What you want to do is go with the \"Custom\" program... Once you have setup your program then click on config and then click on the output name like \"Left High\" and name it anything you like... Also you can name your program anything you like,...but you have to keep it clean...:)

Cheers,

Kevin

PS. Dra,...I just saw your write-up in \"Audiophile\"... I got to get ready to go do the \"Friday Night Flick\"... This week it's \"The End of Spear\"... I catch you later this evening...
  • Options
    kpippen wrote:
    To which DriveRack are you refering to?
    I am in fact referring to the 260. I'm good with naming the final program (VERY useful) but I suppose what I'm REALLY looking to do is somehow create my own Speaker Tuning. Either through the wizard or a separate file (for example: 3632 Bi-Amp.dwmp)

I'm getting the feeling that neither is possible for me. Call it a quirk, but somehow I'm just not satisfied with leaving it as "Custom". But at the end of the day, whatever, as long as it all works!
  • Options
    If it makes you feel any better, you only have to see \"Custom\" when you go into the wizard. And once you are set-up, you don't have to go in there.

DRA
  • Options
    Hello Sonic,

Here's the scoop...it's like Dra mentioned...the custom thing disappears once you are finished creating your program, tweaked-it, and your up and running... Trust me on this...don't get hung-up over the custom thing... You still got a lot of work ahead of you... Setup up your crossovers and then move on to gain structure... If you would like some interesting reading click here... This thread has some great informaion scattered all through it... If you need any additional help please ask... :)

Cheers,

Kevin
  • Options
    My hangup has evaporated. This was mostly due to my trouble with the firmware update (another story on another thread) and in the process accepting what you and Dra have been telling me. Since my last post I've been tooling with the GUI offline and feel a bit more comfortable with its operation. I'm traveling to a gig today and am looking forward to finally putting this all together.

Thanks for the help and the link, it's a great reference!