Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads dbx Archive General dbx Archive General Discussion
Options

driverack 260

baez110984baez110984 Posts: 4
I have a problem with the 260, the screen is going crazy every time I am trying to touch a button and I am using in Stereo and for some reason with either input a or b is working the left and the right side

do any body know why is doing that?

Comments

• Options
    kpippenkpippen Posts: 551
    edited July 2007
    baez110984 wrote:
    I have a problem with the 260, the screen is going crazy every time I am trying to touch a button and I am using in Stereo and for some reason with either input a or b is working the left and the right side

do any body know why is doing that?
    Hello baez,

Give us some history of this unit... Is it brand new out of the box?... How old is the unit?... Has anything changed recently i.e. firmware upgrade, cabling, etc.,?... Are you saying that even though the screen is going crazy the unit is operating OK in stereo mode?... How was the unit operating just before it started this?... Tell us everything you can...the more info you can give us the better...

Kevin
  • Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    Are you saying that you have a stereo input from mixer and if the right side (at the mixer), for example, is turned down that you still get sound out of both sides?

If so...
    1) Make sure that you don't have your amp(s) in a \"dual mono\" config.
    2) Make sure that you are running a stereo x-over or filter.
    3) Make sure that the Driverack input mixers are A: fader 1 up, fader 2 down; B: fader 1 down, fader 2 up.

Check these out, but that doesn't help the screen problem.

DRA
  • Options
    well I am using two different ones one is like 4 months old and the other one is only one month old. the oldest one is working good the only problem is the screen an it works even the screen is going crazy what I see is that it has a lot of dust on top of it and the newest one the first time it did that the screen was just blank and it didn't work at all that night until the next week it works but the screen is shown up only half. The other problem is the A and B inputs, is working in stereo with either with side A or side B
  • Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    You did say if you verified any of the things I suggested. Also, are you using the GUI (computer control)?

DRA
  • Options
    not right now
  • Options
    kpippenkpippen Posts: 551
    Hello Baez,

In regards to your screens...if you bought these units brand new from an authorized dealer then click here and contact DBX Tech Support... If you purchased these units privately from an individual or otherwise...I suggest you open them up and verify that all connections to the screens and keypads are tight... Be advised...once you have opened the units any warranty is void... As far as your stereo inputs are concerned you may not know what your configuration is (stereo or dual mono) unless you can either see the screen or hook-up with the DriveWare GUI… If you haven't already done so...I suggest you download the DriveWare GUI which is provided here and use the cable that came with your DriveRack... Since your an Audio Engineer this should be a \"walk in the park\" for you...:wink:

Cheers,

Kevin