Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads dbx Archive General dbx Archive General Discussion

thanks Gadget & How much power ?

StephanCStephanC Posts: 24
thanks Gadget for all of the information posted and for the informative BIO. :) I read the test for discussion of the RTA and got from that that the dbx driverack and 260 will give you the same rough eq cosistently and that the lows and highs will most likely need adjustment. :idea: Thanks for your hard work and documentation.. I am looking for the formula or basic recommendations of how much power to mic a basic rock band with drums bass guitar vox for a backyard party of 50-200. I thought I saw something on one of the forums that looked somewhat accurate. I have a Crown 402 and a CE 2000 which I might try to biamp into my Carvin TR 1503s right now I have the CE only hooked up and have been using the Crown 402 for the stage monitors. I am telling the folks that contacted me that they need more power (thousands of watts) and a bigger system than I have , If I had subs and a couple more amps I might try it. but they may not have anything at all. Has anyone seen the formula or have a consistent way to calculate the needed power for small venues? any recommendations