Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriverRack PA & DriveRack PA+ PA Configuration Wizard
Options

Nearfield Auto EQ

cbierncbiern Posts: 8
edited August 2007 in PA Configuration Wizard
Well I finally got around to trying the nearfield auto-eq method. It made a definite improvement over trying the open air method since I live in a townhouse and don't have the open space to get at least 10' from any reflective surfaces. Various modes that caused the eq to max out were gone so, after flattening everything below 100Hz (my crossover point), I was left with a series of corrections that should give ne a good starting point for tweaking in actual rooms.

The top pictured is the DR250 http://www.billfitzmaurice.com/DR250.html which has given me excellent results with some minimal boosting and cutting with the PEQ based on the posted frequency response chart and other builders recommendations.
This is the setup I used. The speaker is leaning against a speaker stand with rubber matting along the edge to fight vibration.
nearfield-A.jpg
nearfield-B.jpg

I hope I did the procedure correctly. Comments?

Comments

• Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Looks pretty good to me.. are you using the peizo's or horns? If the piezo's did you modify them at all? How well do they throw? What do you power them with? and finally what EQ tweeks did you find necessary?

Sorry for all the questions...

Gadget