Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriverRack PA & DriveRack PA+ PA Connectivity
Options

Custom amp setting

bbaumertbbaumert Posts: 7
edited August 2007 in PA Connectivity
I use the Driverack with the DBX 2231 EQ. Our high packs are JBL 415 powered by a Crown XS900 and the low packs are the JBL 418s powered by a Crown Xs 1200. We typically run mono, but have been running in stereo since the purchase of the Driverack. We have the RTA mic and had bad luck with it the 1st time.

I want to ensure i am using the optimal settings for the XS1200 as it is not part of the Wizard.

Also, i see several users do not like the subharmonics. Is it worthwhile to use this if you are using the Wizard.

We want to keep this simple without much 'reprogramming'. The out of the box product seems great, other than the setting up of the 1200.

Any recommendations are welcomed as we are not seasoned veteran at live mixing.

Comments

• Options
    kpippenkpippen Posts: 551
    AutoEQ with RTA is for indoor setup... Enable only one side (mute either L or R side) and AutoEQ in fast mode... After AutoEQ put everything from 0Hz to 100Hz flat (0dB) and tune 700Hz and above by ear to suite your taste... I would ditch the sub-synth unless your subs are capable of super low frequency extension...

If Dra or Gadget chimes in listen to them and not me...:)

Kevin
  • Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    Kevin is correct about the Auto EQ. You are one of the lucky ones that the DRPA actually does some PEQ tweeking for you with the cab combo that you have. Download the 260 GUI and play with it. It will help you a ton. Both of your amps are in the wizard, but you still need to do the Gain structure (see the FAQ post above). When you open up the x-over it will give you the gains that it recommends there. Compare the PEQ section's adjustments to the DRPA's, and so on.

Set your limiters (same post) and don't use compression.

DRA
  • Options
    Dra wrote:
    Kevin is correct about the Auto EQ. You are one of the lucky ones that the DRPA actually does some PEQ tweeking for you with the cab combo that you have. Download the 260 GUI and play with it. It will help you a ton. Both of your amps are in the wizard, but you still need to do the Gain structure (see the FAQ post above). When you open up the x-over it will give you the gains that it recommends there. Compare the PEQ section's adjustments to the DRPA's, and so on.

Set your limiters (same post) and don't use compression.

DRA

Our DRPA does not include the 1200. I believe it only goes as high as the 900.

thanks for the rest of the info.
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    It's not a big deal... Click here and download the DriveWare GUI as Dra suggested, insert a DR260, and use the wizzard to select your configuration, speakers, and amps... Take note of the crossovers, etc., and manually enter them in the DRPA...:)

I just checked and both amps are featured in the DriveWare...:)

Kevin
  • Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    Thanks, Kevin.
    I guess I was a weeeeieiieeiieiee bit unclear.

DRA
  • Options
    Dra,

I really like your idea of starting off with the DriveWare for the DRPA... It answers lot's of questions right from the start...:D

Kevin