Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriverRack PA & DriveRack PA+ PA Configuration Wizard

driverack pa setup for the vrx928la speaker system

jojo Posts: 12
edited August 2007 in PA Configuration Wizard
hello,
I just got a jbl vrx928la speaker system with the vrx915 subs running 3 way with crown 602 hi crown xti 4000 mid and yorkville pa4040 lows
I have a basic setup done for this system but would like information from those using similar systems to get the best performance with the dbx drive rack pa

Thanks for your imput

Comments

• DraDra Posts: 3,777
    Are the PEQ and X-over settings in the DRPA? If not, download the 260 Driveware.

DRA
  • jojo Posts: 12
    yes they are
  • DraDra Posts: 3,777
    Sorry no direct experience.

Beware the Auto EQ (search and read).

DRA
    thanks dra
  • GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Sorry to be a curmudgeon but I doubt those \"things\" can be tamed by the DRPA... I'm NOT a JBL fan and those are perhaps the most difficult speakers I know of that JBL has made to tune, and the DRPA is limited in it's ability...Mikey has weighed in on theses and they were not good.. sorry.. I think the SRX 722's were better in some respects.. and that ain't saying much.

Perhaps the PSW boys would have more useful info.

Gadget
    thanks gadget would the 260 be better or are you saying to scrap the speakers lol
  • kpippenkpippen Posts: 551
    I can't comment on the speakers but from what I've seen the 260 is well worth the extra $money$...2cents.gif

Kevin