Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriverRack PA & DriveRack PA+ PA Connectivity

Equipment and Set-up

TreborTrebor Posts: 6
edited August 2007 in PA Connectivity
We have just purchased the DRPA and the RTA Mic in order to help with the sound mixing in our church.
Thank you so much for having a forum that answers so many questions and addresses issues so quickly :D . I have very recently been allowed to coordinate the audio/visual at our church. Problem is, I'm a bit clueless :? .
I'll list the equipment we have and hope I've provided enough information for you to help me. I have in fact gone through the \"Read Me First Before Posting�, but because of my ignorance :oops: , need to just ask for a little \"special help\". (Hope I’m not a great bother.)
We have the following equipment and I’m not sure if we need another Amp in order to run our monitors. Additionally, If I have provided enough info, I would like to know where to plug everything and how to set the frequencies and other settings on our mixer and the Powered speakers. Don’t want to have a Bar-B-Q in the Church, Ya know? Ok, here it goes,
We have the following:
Mackie CFX20 Mixer
20 Channel Compact integrated Live Sound Mixer
1 – QSU Audio RMX 850 Amp.
2 – JBL EON10 G2 Powered Speakers
1 – JBL SUB (SR-X Series (SRL1718X(non-Powered)
+1LF
Impedance Ω4
+2 N/C
2 – ARM-1112H-1 Monitors
8 ohm
200 Watts
1 – Melhart 12-M Monitor
8 ohm (Full Range)

(We are prepared to purchase a 2nd AMP if needed and will eventually purchase a 2nd SUB.)

Thank you in advance for your guidance and mentorship.

Comments

• kpippenkpippen Posts: 551
    edited August 2007
    Hello Trebor,

I hope this helps... I'm sure that Dra or Gadget will chime in and offer suggestions in regards to gain structure, etc... Listen to everything they tell you...:D

SPEAKER SETUP

speakersetup.gif

AMPLIFIER SETUP FOR EONs

ampsetup1.gif

AMPLIFIER SETUP FOR QSC RMX850

ampsetup2.gif

DRIVERACK ROUTING

routing.gif

MAIN SCREEN

main.gif

CROSSOVER

crossover.gif

David & Gary,

Starting tomorrow morning I will be out for a couple days visiting some kin-folk in the Ozarks...8)

Kevin
  • DraDra Posts: 3,777
    Kevin, WEEEEIEEIEIEIIEEIEIE!

DRA
    Trebor,

You should be able to use the wizard to set up your entire system. I am unclear of what sub you actually have the numbers don't match up). Double check the sub number and select all speakers from the lists. The qsc may be in the list, but if not set as \"custom\" & follow the instructions in the FAQ for setting the QSC amp. You will want to set up a 2 x 3 configuration. That's a stereo input and stereo output (Hi's) and mono sub. Bridge the amp for the sub (follow instructions in amp manual) and be sure to config it that way in the wizard.
    In the wizard select Stereo input.
    Select Dual mono.
    Now do the speaker and amp selections. (note - you will be told to set the DRPA to the level of the amp, but set the level of the amps to the DRPA setting.)
    SAVE your setup and name it.

DO NOT USE the Auto EQ, until you read up on this subject in the forum.

Do the gain structure and the limiter settings (FAQ).

That should do it for now. As you may have seen, I didn't mention the monitors. They can't be controlled by the DRPA (it is tied up with the house system).

If you need more help, get this far and then you can asked more specific questions.

DRA
  • TreborTrebor Posts: 6
    Kevin/DRA,

Thanks guys. I'll start as you suggest. Thanks for your patience.

Trebor
    Dra,

I show the RMX850 in bridge-mono but I believe Trebor wants to use one of the channels to drive the monitors...

Kevin
    Hi Trebor,

Yes you can use the same settings in the DRPA...and I believe you can make it work with what you have now... I was in your situation only 4-months ago so I know what your up against... Please post these questions to Dra on your thread...I know he will walk you through it and he will do his best to help you out... Also, your questions and the replies will available for everyone to read and to learn from... Dra and Gadget are the sharpest guys here...

Kevin

Sorry Kevin,
    1. I don't mean to sound too dumb from the start. Does this info work the same for the Driverack 260 & the Driverack PA? (We have just the Driverack PA.)

2. Do we need an additional Amp for our set-up? (will one AMP work for our SUB and monitors?) can I work with just what we have?

Trebor
    Hi Trebor,

Yes the same info will work with the DRPA... I know that Dra has recommended to others to sit at the kitchen table, plug it in, poke around, and get familiar with it... Also,...even though it won't connect to the DRPA you should download the DriveWare GUI and play with it as well... Yes,..you can use one channel of the RMX850 for your sub and the other for your monitors... You're probably under powered (to the subwoofer) going that way but it will work... As I mentioned in my PM...I was in your situation only 4-months ago... You can read all about it here...sleepy.gif

Kevin
    :D It's unbelieveable how easy this can be. Thanks so much for your help. Kevin, you were right! Using the Amp for the monitors and the Sub, the Sub is way under powered. I think we'll be getting a new Amp very soon. Even with things as they are now, the difference is amazing. Ok Dra, What's next? I fell like a kid on Christmas morning!
    trebor wrote:
    Ok Dra, What's next? I fell like a kid on Christmas morning!
    Get the Funk Logic 3P-III Palindrometer...2cents.gif

Dra,...I got to recommend it twice in one evening!... How cool is that?...8)

Kevin
    :P So, now anyone who sees this will think...?

TREBOR
    Fill me in on where you are and we'll go from there. Assuming you tell me where you want to go.

DRA
    Trebor wrote:
    :P So, now anyone who sees this will think...?
    WOW!!!... He's got the Funk Logic 3P-III Palindrometer!...8)
    HUH? I ordered one and they said it would be here by the 29th. The phone # had like 15 digits. Must be that new area code near Boise (didn't sound like Boise though).

DRA

PS - Trebor, remember, the DRPA does NOT have a brick wall limiter. A spike taller than the amount of headroom you have will still pass. Last note, until next time, be sure to set EACH channel's input gain individually, using the same structure technique (board only).